Vistas de página en total

viernes, 11 de mayo de 2012

Twisted bow technique


Stars and Stripes Bow


I almost wonder if the Red Stripes Ribbon was made just for the 4th of July.
It goes perfectly with the Royal with White Stars Ribbon. :)
I am still working on perfecting my Twisted Boutique Technique.
This is a technique that definitely takes practice, but I think I am getting closer.
At the end, I will share some tips that helped me with this bow.
I now do this technique by hand, instead of the bow maker.
I never thought I would say this, but it is easier now that I know the shape I am going for. :)






F


Make your knot. Apply hot glue to the bottom of the knot and place it in the center of the bow.



Do the same thing to the other ribbon.
And you’re finished!

The first tip I learned is to watch how the bow is shaped when you add your knot and clip. When I made them before, I didn’t keep the ribbon loop bent forward. It would get pushed toward the back when I added my center knot and lose a lot of it’s shape. This tip isn’t just for Twisted Boutique technique bows, but all of them. It’s just a little thing, but can make all the difference.
The second tip is to glue the loops in the shape you want them. My bottom layer kept falling back so I just hot glued it so it stayed up better. I am not saying this is the way to go, but I’ll be doing it until I’ve perfected this cute technique. :)
Now if you don’t know how to do the Twisted Boutique technique,
you can use these two ribbons in any technique and they will be festive!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario