Vistas de página en total

lunes, 2 de julio de 2012

13 Ideas to Organize Your Fabric!


Lots of Fabric Storage Ideas – Organize It!

by KIM


tn_stash3
Como recuerdo las telas de mi abuelita, ojala las hubiese tenido asi de organizadas, creanme mis muñecas hubiesen hecho fiesta, con tantos pedidos a mi Aguili!

Para ello, les transcribo un articulo encontrato en internet, para que se inspiren!


Fabric can seriously take over a room…or two!  Great organization is required to keep everything where you can find it when inspiration strikes.  So many of you have said that fabric storage is one of your biggest organizational challenges.  It’s definitely one of mine!
Right now I have my extra fabric in a box in the closet. I dig through it when I want to find something. Don’t judge…I’m working on it! :)
Don’t you love this photo from Retro Mama?!  I could just sit and stare at this fabric stacked so pretty. I must admit that I’ve tried to do this, but I’m not capable of folding fabrics and keeping them all the same size. I know, it’s sad. So for now I’ll just have to enjoy photos of fabric displayed so nice and neat.
IMG_1904
The Cottage Home explains how she creates this pretty and organized room with some help from a fabric storage product.  It looks beautiful!
There must be a billion creative ways to organize fabric!Whether you make hair accessories, home decor, or clothing, we all need to have great fabric storage. There’s nothing like digging through a box of wrinkled fabric to lose your motivation for starting a new project.
p_100222682
Turn a bookshelf on it’s side!  This is a attached to a wall for extra storage space.  What a cool space-saving idea!  Just add your favorite fabric.
fabric-storage
Film and Thread had this beautiful photo of hanging fabric. How neat and organized. I don’t usually buy that much of each fabric, but this seems like a great idea to save on ironing later. Anything that helps with ironing is a winner in my book!
fabricwraps5
What do you think about this? I love, love, love the idea of storing fabric in vintage suitcases!
I have two of these beauties that I’ve been dying to use for sometime special. And I’m planning on printing out some of these sweet little labels from Just Something I Made. Go download some for yourself
This way I’ll know exactly the colors I need when I find a sale. That’s important!
DIY-Decorative-Storage-Bins-mdn
Create custom fabric storage bins with cheap plastic storage containers.  Follow this great tutorial and you’ll be able to match any room in your house.  What a cool way to stash your fabric here, there and everywhere!
file your fabric 008
Sew Many Ways files her fabric!  She just cuts a hanging folder in half and drapes her folded fabric over it.  Organized and beautiful!
Here’s a look at some of my stash! I use baskets for most of my supplies. They look great on the shelf, and I can easily separate everything and keep it close to me.  I can grab what I need without getting up. {Hmmm…maybe I should move it away for more exercise.} I hardly moved to take these photos, so that explains the poor lighting! :)

fabricandcraftstoragebaskets
The second basket has small pieces of fabric that I keep in individual plastic bags. Why, you might ask? Well, I only use a couple tiny circles of fabric when I make ponytail holders. That leaves me with fabric that’s cut all funny and doesn’t fold nicely. YUCK!  I started folding each one in a bag, and it worked for me. I can easily look through them to find the one I need, and they’re much more manageable.
I didn’t show you my third basket. It’s full of slightly larger fabrics, and it looks very similar to the first basket. That’s for my lavender sachets that you can see in the top photo.
I did just sell a whole box {over 6 pounds} of fabric on Etsy. It was stashed away in the closet. I knew I wouldn’t use it and I was just hanging onto it…tightly. I let it go!.
What have you done lately to organize your supplies? I’d love to hear about it.
Do you display your fabric, or hide it like me?
~Kim

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario